| Wildlife Viewing Trends & Statistics |
WILDLIFE VIEWING TRENDS
- Managing the Wildlife Tourism Experience: The Importance of Tour Leaders
The International Journal of Tourism Research examines the effects of Wildlife Tourism and offers advice on sustainable growth
- A Positive Wildlife Viewing Experience
Watchable Wildlife gives tips on how to create a positive wildlife viewing experience
- Wildlife Viewing Areas in the USA
This site gives a map and description of the best places in the US to view various types of wildlife including fish, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, and more
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
A guide to wildlife viewing locations and excursions throughout Florida
- Recreation.Gov Wildlife Viewing Directory
US Government website dedicated to enthusiasts who enjoy viewing wildlife throughout the united states
- National Park Service Wildlife Viewing Directory
Website that goes dedicated to providing information about wildlife viewing in the US national parks
- Watchable Wildlife Inc.
Formed through a Memorandum of Understanding in 1990, Watchable Wildlife, Inc. advances wildlife viewing as a viable economic and conservation enterprise for communities throughout Canada, the United States and Mexico.
- National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife-Associated Recreation: 2006 | 2011
Reports by the US FIsh and Wildlife Service detailed data on wildlife associated activities in the USA.
- USFW DIgital Library
Archived reports by USFW on wildlife viewing in the USA
- Wildlife Watching and tourism
2006 study on the benefits and risks of a fast growing tourism activity and its impacts on species by United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Secretariat of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals (CMS).
- According to information from the newest National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation, 87.5 million Americans spent more than $122 billion in 2006 on wildlife-related recreation.
WILDLIFE VIEWING EXAMPLES IN SPECIFIC STATES
- Wildlife Viewing in Alaska
Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game directory for wildlife enthusiasts with information on where to go, what to see, when to go, virtual viewing, guides and checklists, citizen science, tips and safety and viewing permits.
- 2006 Economic Benefit of Wildlife-Viewing Recreation in Florida
Report that examines how wildlife viewing contributes to the Florda economy.
- Birdwatching Enterprise In Mississippi State
The report and website goes into the economic impact of birdwatching and its affect on the Mississippi and national economy