| Environmental Education |
There has been a lot of research that has been done recently about the disconnect that the young generations of developed countries have with the natural environment. There is a growing demand for environmental education by teachers, parents, and governments.
This creates a great opportunity for the purpose driven entrepreneur to build collaborations with environmental education providers and create programs to broaden their reach.
Environmental education (EE) refers to organized efforts to teach about how natural environments function and, particularly, how human beings can manage their behavior and ecosystems in order to live sustainably.[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_education]
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION RESOURCES
What is Environmental Education?
- North American Association for Environmental Education
Leading organization in promoting EE in North America
- Aldo Leopold Foundation
The Leopold Education Project (LEP) is an innovative, interdisciplinary conservation and environmental education curriculum based on the essays in A Sand County Almanac
- Children and Nature Network
Richard Louv’s book “The Last Child In The Woods” and C&NN have been leaders in the environmental education
- Facing the Future
Organization that provides curriculum and professional development for educators
Global Learning and Observation to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) program is a worldwide hands-on, primary and secondary school-based science and education program.
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
A description by CBF in order of Problem-Solution-Progress-Action
- Children’s Contact with the Oudoors and Nature: Focus on Educators and Education Settings [article]
- Ensuring That All Children Spend Quality Time Outdoors [article]
- Environmental Education: Can it be Defined? [article]
- Ahlberg, M. Environmental Education.
- Disinger, J. (1985). Environmental education’s definitional problem.School Science and Mathematics, 85(11), 29-68.
- Lucas, A. (1972). Environment and environmental education: Conceptual issues and curriculum implications. Unpublished doctoral Dissertation. The Ohio State University.
- Lucas, A. (1979). Environment and environmental education: Conceptual issues and curriculum implications. Melbourne: Australian International Press & Publications.