RESOURCE GUIDE – CULTURAL TOURISM:
| What is Cultural Tourism? |
WHAT IS CULTURAL TOURISM – RESOURCES
“traveling to experience the places and activities that authentically represent the stories and people of the past and present. It includes irreplaceable historic, cultural and natural resources.”
These are websites all about cultural and heritage tourism:
- Cultural Tourism Unesco
-To create a discerning type of tourism that takes account of other people’s cultures
- International Scientific Committee on Cultural Tourism
The ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Cultural Tourism is one of 16 international scientific committees of the International Council on Monuments and Sites.
- The Impact of Culture on Tourism
The Impact of Culture on Tourism examines the growing relationship between tourism and culture, and the way in which they have together become major drivers of destination attractiveness and competitiveness.
- Grants for Cultural Tourism in the USA
- Federal Grants page from Brand USA
- Cultural Tourism DC
- A nonprofit organization helping DC residents and visitors discover, experience and celebrate the city’s art, culture and heritage
- Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington reports on Cultural and Heritage Tourism
This page provides resources for local governments to use in developing cultural and heritage tourism and addresses the key issue of the economic impact of cultural and heritage tourism. It includes local examples of cultural events, tours, and communities that have capitalized on their historic heritage.
- Cultural Tourism in Europe
According to this site: Europe is indeed a key cultural tourism destination, with a large number of major sites and a strong flow of international and domestic visitors. It is estimated that cultural tourism accounts for around 40% of all European tourism. Tourists are more and more looking for true experiences, for meeting and getting to know other people and other cultures.
- World Museum Community
- A description of what the world Museum Community is doing to develop sustainable cultural tourism
- Another look at Cultural Tourism in Europe
Greg Richards’ 2005 Report on cutural tourism in Europe
- Cultural Tourism Statistics
- Report to identify sources and collections of cultural tourism statistics in Australia that provide national or State and Territory level data.
- Report on Tourism Culture and Communication